Yemen War on Cholera: 184 killed in 16 days by epidemic as millions starve in hunger.
Yemen War on Cholera: 184 killed in 16 days by epidemic as millions starve in hunger.
PressTV: At least six civilians have been killed when Saudi military aircraft carried out two separate airstrikes on Yemen's western-central province of Sana'a and the southwestern province of Ta'izz.
Local sources, speaking on condition of anonymity, said two people lost their lives and four others sustained injuries on Saturday when Saudi fighter jets bombarded a residential neighborhood in the village of Bayt Baws, Arabic-language al-Masirah satellite television network reported.
Salon: Saudi forces backed by the United States are intentionally targeting food production and the agricultural sector in their bombing campaign in Yemen, according to a leading expert. In some parts of the impoverished country, the Saudi-led coalition is using a “scorched-earth strategy,” says a scholar who specializes in agriculture in Yemen.
In a recent The Independent article, Mundy said the Saudi coalition is “deliberately targeting Yemen’s tiny agricultural sector in a campaign which, if successful, would lead a post-war Yemeni nation not just into starvation but total reliance on food imports for survival.”
Yemeni government statistics and the Yemen Data Project lists “make very clear that roads and trucks carrying food were repeatedly targeted” by the coalition, Mundy told Salon.
“A degree of targeting that can’t be accidental comes through both the data sets on targets of coalition bombing,” Mundy added, noting that she is still conducting a more thorough analysis of the time of the attacks.
RT: A cholera outbreak in Yemen has claimed the lives of 115 people, while some 8,500 others are suffering from the infection, medics say. The number of patients is currently overwhelming Yemen’s hospitals.
The outbreak of the waterborne disease is the second Yemen has suffered in less than a year.
Report: The cholera outbreak is just making the situation worse for people in Yemen. especially children.
UNICEF in Yemen is scaling up response.
AMN: On Thursday, Yemeni Army’s missile forces, loyal to Supreme Political Council (SPC) in Sana’a, launched series of missile strikes in western areas of Marib province in northern Yemen targeting gatherings of Saudi-backed mercenaries in Al-Khaneq area of Harib Nihm district.
According to a military source, “Grad” MLRS (multiple launch rocket system) and “Zelzal-2” ballistic missile were used.
Besides, artillery units of Yemeni Army targeted several gatherings of pro-Saudi forces at Al-Masloub mountain in Harib Nihm district inflicting casualties among militants.
The Yemeni civilians that have taken the long march from the capital city of Sanaa to Port Hudeydah will be passing Bajel tonight as the protest continues to the third day.
They are crying out: Stop Starvation, Genocide & Bockade.
Report: Lighting up the lights to walk at night, 2nd day of the Yemeni Bread March, Haraz. Protesting against US-Saudi starvation weapon.
Yemenis march from Sana’a to Hodeydah demanding the end of Saudi-led siege and stopping to starve to Yemen.
More than a dozen Saudi military personnel have been killed when allied forces in Yemen shot down a Black Hawk helicopter taking part in Riyadh’s military operation against the impoverished Arab country.
Saudi Arabia’s SPA news agency confirmed the account on Tuesday. However, there was no comment on the reason behind the incident.
Earlier, military sources allied to Yemen’s Houthi Ansarullah movement said the helicopter had been downed earlier in the day in Ma’rib province in northeastern Yemen.
FNA: The Yemeni army and allied fighters said at least 100 Saudi-backed forces were killed in Wednesday’s missile and rocket attacks on their positions by Yemeni forces near the embattled port city of Mukha on the Red Sea coast.
The fatalities among Saudi-backed forces came when Yemeni soldiers fired Katyusha and Qaher-2 missiles at positions of Saudi mercenaries East of Mukha, SABA reported.
Among those killed were a Sudanese commander and two Emirati troops, who were deployed to Yemen as part of a Riyadh-led military coalition helping the militants loyal to the country’s former government.
PressTV: One Yemeni killed, five injured in Saudi airstrike in Hudaydah.
MEE: Al-Qaeda on Friday claimed responsibility for a recent deadly attack on a government building in southern Yemen, which involved a suicide bombing.
Al-Qaeda’s Ansar al-Shariah arm in a statement identified the suicide bomber as Abu Amer al-Hadrami, saying he had rammed his explosives-laden car into the gate of the local-government building in the provincial capital of Lahj on Monday.
Officials said at the time that six soldiers and four civilians were killed in the bombing and an ensuing gun attack by militants.
MEE: Major General Ahmad al-Asiri, adviser in the Saudi defence ministry, claimed the Houthis had fired over 40 Scud missiles at Saudi cities and that the kingdom had the right to protect its borders.
He accused the Houthis of commandeering international aid and reselling it on the black market, and denied there were serious problems of food and water scarcity in areas controlled by the rump government of President Abdrabbuh Mansour Hadi, which is now installed in the southern city of Aden.
Last November, Asiri claimed that Saudi forces had not used cluster bombs – only for the Saudi-led coalition to later admit they had been used in Yemen.
Saudi Military Spokesman Ahmed Asiri reacting to protesters condemning Saudi Arabia’s bombing of Yemen, in London.
PressTV: Eight children and two women have lost their lives in a fresh Saudi aerial attack on Yemen’s northwestern Sa’ada province.
Four people were also injured in Wednesday’s airstrike that hit a residential area in Sa’ada, Yemen’s Arabic-language al-Masirah television network reported.
The ballistic missiles that Saudi Arabia claimed Houthis had fired towards the muslim holy city of Mecca were in fact fired at King Khaled airbase in Khamees Mishait, Asir.
Up to 20 killed in attack on government compound in Lahj.
Hundreds of thousands Yemenis took the streets of Sanaa on the 2nd anniversary of Saudi-led war, calling to end Yemen war that killed 12,000 innocent civilians.
Saudi military spox Gen Assiri : "Saudi Arabia has launched 90,000 airstrikes so far in Yemen since 26 Mar 2015."
Yemen Post: 6 civilians killed & injured when Saudi Airstrike attacked local shopping market (bazaar) in Yemen region Saada today.
274 Hospitals or clinics destroyed or damaged by Saudi airstrikes in Yemen, leaving 100,000s sick patients without medical aid.
AMN: Amnesty International has condemned the US and UK for their “shameful” weapons transfers to Saudi Arabia, saying Washington and London are fueling the serious human rights violations and devastating civilian casualties in Yemen committed by Riyadh.
“The USA and UK are fueling serious violations that have caused devastating civilian suffering through multi-billion-dollar arms transfers to Saudi Arabia that vastly overshadow their humanitarian efforts,” the UK-based human rights group said in a statement on Thursday.
Saudi Arabia launched a war against Yemen in March 2015 in an attempt to bring back former president Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi to power and undermine the Houthi Ansarullah movement.
FNA: Deputy Spokesman of the Yemeni Armed Forces Colonel Aziz Rashid warned that the Saudi bases, airports and ports in the Eastern region of Dammam would be the next target of Yemen’s missiles.
Rashid noted that the Yemeni ballistic missile attacks on Riyadh indicate the army and popular committees’ high missile power, and said as long as the Saudi-led coalition pounds the Yemeni nation, ballistic missiles will be used against the Saudi targets.
He also warned that in case Riyadh launches attacks against the ports in Yemen, the Yemeni army and popular committees would launch operations deep inside Saudi Arabia.
PressTV: Yemenis have taken to the streets of the capital, Sana’a, in protest against the ongoing Saudi aggression as well as the blockade against the impoverished country.
The protesters gathered in Bab al-Yemen square on Friday, highlighting their steadfastness and resistance against the aggressors.
The demonstrators also chanted slogans condemning the silence of the world on the plight of Yemenis.
RT: An airstrike in Yemen has struck a boat in the Red Sea, killing 42 Somali refugees and wounding at least 25 others, according to a United Nations agency and medical official.
The victims were carrying UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR) papers, according to the International Organization for Migration (IOM).
FNA: Air defense units of the Yemeni army and popular forces on Thursday shot down an Apache helicopter belonging to the Saudi-led coalition in Hodeida province, a military official said.
The military official said the helicopter was shot down in Bait Fakih district in Hodeida, Saba reported.
Further details have not been announced yet, either by the Yemeni Army or popular forces fighting against the Saudi-backed forces trying to reinstate the fugitive former president Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi.
PressTV: At least seven people have lost their lives when Saudi fighter jets carried out an airstrike off the coast of Yemen’s western province of Hudaydah as the Riyadh regime continues its atrocious aerial bombardment campaign against its beleaguered southern neighbor.
An unnamed military source told al-Sumaria satellite television network that the aircraft struck a fishing boat in waters off the coast of Durayhimi district, located 150 kilometers southwest of the capital Sana’a, on Thursday evening.
The source added that the air raid left eight other fishermen injured.
PressTV: The UN food agency has warned that over half of Yemenis are on the brink of famine as the Arab country continues to be hit by relentless Saudi airstrikes.
In a report issued on Wednesday, the World Food Programme (WFP) said that 60 percent of Yemenis, or 17 million people, were in “crisis” or “emergency” food situations.
“If humanitarian actors do not access all the people in need by the coming months, the situation may deteriorate dramatically,” the report said.
The WFP warned that the provinces of Ta’izz and Hudaydah risked sinking into famine if they did not receive more aid.
The Saudi-led coalition’s plans to launch an assault on Yemen’s biggest port-city, Al Hudaydah, have caused concern in the Russian Foreign Ministry, which warns the operation would significantly worsen the humanitarian situation in the war-torn country.
The coalition’s “plans to storm Yemen’s biggest port of Hudaydah give rise to serious concerns,” Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said in a statement published on the ministry’s official website.
She added that battles in this area “would not only inevitably lead to a mass exodus of the [local] population but would also de facto cut the [Yemeni] capital of Sanaa from… food and humanitarian aid supplies.”
FNA: The Yemeni army and popular forces pounded the military positions of the Saudi-led troops in the Southern part of the kingdom in retaliation for Riyadh’s attacks on the civilian population across Yemen.
The Saudi-led troops’ military positions and equipment in Najran province came under the Yemeni forces’ missile attacks.
Meantime, Saudi Arabia’s Salateh military base in Najran province came under the Yemeni forces’ Katyusha rocket attacks, a military source said.
FNA: A warship of the Saudi-led forces was destroyed after hitting a sea mine laid by the Yemeni army and popular forces in the coastal waters of Ta’iz province.
“The Saudi-led warship was destroyed in the city of al-Mukha in Ta’iz province in Southwestern Yemen,” a Yemeni military source said.
The source noted that all crew members of the warship were killed in the explosion.
This is the 13th time that a Saudi warship is sent deep into the waters of Bab al-Mandab Strait by the Yemeni forces.
RT: At least 17 people have been killed in a Saudi-led coalition airstrike on a marketplace in the town of Al Hudaydah in Yemen, medics told an RT stringer.
More than 12 people were injured, with the medics warning that the death toll may rise to over two dozen.
According to AFP, 26 people, including 20 civilians and 6 Houthi rebel fighters, were killed in the airstrike.
The militants allegedly fled to the market to escape the bombardment, but were still targeted by the warplanes.
A military source close to Saudi-backed President Abedrabbo Mansour Hadi told AFP that the rebels used civilians as "human shields."
Saudi-led coalition airstrikes on a market in Hudaydah, west Yemen, kill 26 and injude dozens.